The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for purchasing all hardware and software, while also providing administrative assistance to the Accounting and Purchasing Departments. This may include clerical duties, data entry, filing and organization, and various other tasks as requested. Clerical duties will include operating multi-line phone systems, scanning, faxing, filing, entering payment details into Quickbooks. The Purchasing Assistant is also responsible for ordering, tracking, receiving, shipping, and processing all inventory and equipment, as well as returns. This individual MUST have strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as accuracy is crucial in this role. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and able to clearly follow instruction and work on tasks independently, adhering to specific guidelines and ensuring 100% accuracy at all times. This position is responsible for creating Purchase Orders and working closely with vendors, sales, customer service, and accounting.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and able to clearly follow instruction and work on tasks independently, adhering to specific guidelines and ensuring 100% accuracy at all times. This is an entry-level accounting role, though this individual should have an understanding of Quickbooks and general accounting knowledge. The following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities are required to perform this job successfully, though reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone, email, and face to face conversations
- Requires strong typing and bookkeeping skills - 100% ACCURACY IS A MUST
- Must be proficient with Quickbooks and have basic understanding of GAAP and standard accounting functions
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships with others
- Ability to routinely multi-task, reassign priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Has impeccable attention to detail and ask questions if information needed is not available
- Maintains records by making copies and/or scanning and filing documents.
- Maintains databases by accurately entering data into the computer system.
- Protects organization's security by keeping information confidential
- Willingness and commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Strong customer service and employee relationship skills
- Have reliable means of transportation and communication
- A clean 7-year criminal background check is a requirement for employment at Data-Tech